Tuesday 14 March 2017

An Invitation To Kindness


The daffodils are beautiful everywhere this year. I especially love seeing them in the park, in the hedgerows, in people's gardens, as all mine have come up blind in their pots - lots of leaves and very few flowers. Also I didn't have any free attention for planting bulbs last year....or this year.























This afternoon I lie on a massage couch in a small bright room.

The lovely Kinesologist asks my body what I need.

My body replies  that my Vital Force is weakened.

By suppressed 
guilt
and grief
and regret?

Yes.

It takes such a force of energy to hold on to the fear 
of being drowned
 and overwhelmed
 if I let go.

I hold it in 
my gut.

So this is why
I am 
exhausted.

But my body also says
Yes
I will listen
to the 
invitation to
learn about a  new way 
to breathe
and 
slowly
gently
start to 
let go.

A little bit 
at a time.
Just 7 minutes 
at a time.

Just an invitation 
not a demand.

I am hungry for it.

An invitation 
to kindness.


And this quote from the Dalai Lama helped me tonight to bear the horrors of the nightly news....

Peace is not brought about through conflict, but through compassion—creating peace of mind within ourselves. We all need compassion and women can take a lead role in encouraging others to let it flower within them. My own first teacher of kindness and compassion was my mother.









No comments:

Post a Comment