Thursday 9 February 2017

The Wren/ The Shouting/ The Cake and 5 Chapters





I'm so thrilled to capture this little wren in my lens. Perched on the edge of a pot planted with  a naked acer. Through a not very clean patio door glass. I often see her in the garden, but she - or he - is my very first photo of a wren. They usually dart away in a flash before I've even got time to zoom in. I find them the most endearing of all birds. And in spite of their diminutive size they have the loudest song you ever heard. Quite marvellous.

Such moving and inspiring emails in my inbox this morning - my head buzzes with ideas and connections. Such nourishing conversation over coffee and medjoul dates. I feel so blessed.

Such helpful support with an online form filling task  - I've been feeling disabled and inadequate  about it. Suddenly it's made easy for me. I feel so lucky.

Later I descend into grumpiness and  irritation  - with myself and everything. I find myself shouting at the car in front of me on my way to my Deeksha mediation group. Why are they going so SLOWLY??



The walnut and apricot carrot cake I baked yesterday. Now decorated with a cream cheese , butter and orange zest frosting. Waiting for birthday candles tonight after our meditation.



This is one of the wonderful inspiring quotes sent to me today.  It's written by Portia Nelson. She was part of a group who were asked to write their life stories in 5 chapters.  This is hers and I love it.

It's making me wonder how I would write mine.

Chapter 1

I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost...I am helpless. 
It isn’t my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter 2

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don’t see it.
I fall in again.
I can’t believe I am in the same place.
But, it isn’t my fault.
It still takes me a long time to get out.

Chapter 3

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I see it is there.
I still fall in.  It’s a habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault.  I get out immediately.

Chapter 4

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.

Chapter 5

I walk down another street.



No comments:

Post a Comment