Wednesday 25 January 2017

Sometimes I could drown...

















More swan - because I can't resist her utter elegant beauty.

A few moments today..

I buy a Senior Rail Card. It means I can get one third off the cost of fares. For some reason it makes me feel older than I did when I got my pension. Even though I'm very grateful for it. I'll be catching the early morning Penzance train to Paddington on Friday.

I share a coffee with a dear friend in a steamed up lunch time cafe. It makes my clothes smell of hot cooking oil but she makes my day richer, lighter.

The lovely young man in the Apple store shows me how to back up my iPhone and how to locate it if I lose it. Phew.

I boil up another cauldron of dark and bitter sweet marmalade.  It may still be runny. Like the other batch. Oh well.

Tonight I learn of the death of an old friend from my childhood days in Africa. He had leukaemia. He wasn't much older than me. I can remember playing with him in a hot, dry garden somewhere before I ever knew about school.

I thought we were all living longer. But only some of us it seems. 

Sometimes I could drown in this lake of sadness.




No comments:

Post a Comment