Wednesday 4 January 2017

Silver Linings






























































The light in Sidmouth today is a photographer's gift -  streaming silver linings through thunderous dark cloud...the sea a plate of gun metal, azure green, gold leaf, clear ice blue. Really it's the domain of the birds who care nothing of colour. It feels a privilege to share all this beauty with them.

I walk by the sea as long as I can, hoping my mouth will defrost after my visit to the dentist this morning. Later in the whole food shop, by serendipitous chance I meet a dear artist and healer friend, who used to give Robin hands on healing, and we go back to her flat for a cup of tea....well actually hot water, as I'm still finding it hard to keep anything in my mouth and she is on a cleansing regime.

We remember Robin..... and I cry a bit. When I say I can't always feel him although he's everywhere around me, she says it's hard to access him when you are emotionally wrecked.

 She gives me a lovely quote which I find comforting... something to take out and remember at some point in the future when I can even imagine having a future. A silver lining leaping out of this thunderous dark cloud....

Your identity is not in your history. It is in your possibility.




No comments:

Post a Comment