Monday 30 January 2017

Bed Bubble

















Some dear friends are travelling in South Africa at the moment. I was there with my family, in the Cape, at the end of January 2012, a few weeks after my father died. We spent a day on this beautiful  beach called Noetzie which has very happy holiday associations from my childhood there when we used to visit my grandparents.

Now I'm laid low with a tummy bug. For three days now. Watery and wobbly. Staying horizontal, under blankets, sometimes reading or dozing, my laptop and phone close by, occasionally cooking myself rice and scrambled eggs to stick myself back together........the hours meandering through me.....the whole of me giving up to the tremors of the earthquake which scattered my world 13 weeks ago....letting myself tremble in my bed bubble.



No comments:

Post a Comment