Friday 9 December 2016

RECONNECT








Some of Robin's early paintings from December 2013 when he attended an art class on a Friday morning. He carried on going till he couldn't understand what the teacher was saying. But for a long time afterwards he still took his paints out with his lovely Age UK supporter, the talented Rachel Jamieson, and they would sometimes find a spot to do some sketching or water colours.

Today, while I was shopping in town I picked up a free copy of Reconnect Magazine and found a lovely tribute to him written by the editor, Martin Foster who is a friend.

He called it "Farewell to a loving man and a pure life force."

..... as an enthusiastic supporter and contributor Robin played a big part in the creation and success of Reconnect.... both with financial assistance and even suggesting the name  - the rebirth of its predecessor Connect.'

 I find I'm living another kind of limbo life. Robin is still such a presence, such a force, threading though all my days but now it's just me trying to weave some sense into the hours....trying to make it all about me.....as if I had any clue how to do that.

This morning I bought some ankle boots in the sales and caught myself looking at jumpers for Robin's Christmas present in M&S. 

I grilled two wild salmon fillets tonight.  Not one for him but one for tonight's supper and one for tomorrow. Which just makes sense  - to only put the grill on once.

Something lovely which has come out of all this is that I have had such wonderful conversations and emails and correspondence with dear people some of whom I'd lost contact with.

 Robin's ripples reaching out to all of us.... re-connecting us like he did for all those years ...writing his column in Reconnect magazine.....leaving us with his longest hug. 



No comments:

Post a Comment