Monday 5 December 2016

Getting on with it. Surviving.




















Random photos from last week. These are unripe fresh dates, fallen from the palms surrounding the pool, after the storm.

It all feels like a dream now. Today, after lovely yoga session and breakfast company this morning, it's back in the swing of relentless stuff to do. Still sorting out papers and files all over the kitchen table at 8pm tonight. Hanging over me the overarching thoughts about what to do about my life now, decluttering the house...sell or rent? What to do with all Robin's things? Christmas.

 And still getting the washing done and long calls with Vodaphone about changing my phone contract and booking flights for next year's holiday and collecting a parcel from the post office and doing a shop for tomatoes and tea and loo rolls at Waitrose.

And hankering after the sweet simple life I've had for the last 2 weeks sharing everything with my sisters. Now it's back to just me and getting on with it. 

And no Robin to give me a reason to get up in the morning..... except to plunge into my day without purpose. Surviving the TO DO list is enough at the moment. And looking forward to sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment