Thursday 17 November 2016

Going Away








My walk in the park on Tuesday evening....exactly a week ago that we buried him.

I have to be careful not to do that too often....this time last  week.... last month....last year.....when I took everything for granted....and still wanted it to be different.

It was weird today sending off our original marriage certificate ( we were called spinster/bachelor then) to the Department of Works and Pensions after a long conversation with a woman on the phone.It seems you can get a bereavement payment .....don't know how they work out the value of that. And maybe you only get half a winter fuel payment if your other half dies. It doesn't matter ....I don't need it anyway....someone else should have it.

A letter  arrived from the council asking if I wanted to buy "The Exclusive Rights of Burial" which I think in this case means buying the plot next to Robin's.....as you can't bury more than one person in a grave at Higher Cemetery as they are single depth only. Which means I have to think about my own death.....not sure I can do that at the moment.
I keep remembering a quote my brother sent me from his spiritual teacher, Master Da, which helps me sometimes when I can't make sense of anything...

Only life overcomes death.....so surrender to the Life Principle and presume only Life to be your situation.

I'm thinking more about going away tomorrow for 2 weeks...... with my sisters..... in the sun.  Not to forget but to take time away from memories which surround me all the time here...to sleep a lot and walk by the waves...and eat fresh fish under blue sky..... or shelter from the rain in cafes with hot chocolate....and read......and watch DVDs and rest in their dear healing company.

I will be back here in a fortnight.



No comments:

Post a Comment