Thursday 20 October 2016

Good Ideas, Keep The Visitors and Almond Butter




















Sunshine through the leaves and a few raindrops in the park the other day.

Although I'm not sleeping much, good ideas sometimes slip into my mind in the long early hours. I was mulling over how to keep Robin entertained when he doesn't have visitors and I thought about one of those electronic photo frames on a slide show loop. I did some internet research and found you can download videos and music as well as photos on some of them.

I planned to have a look at one in John Lewis this morning after lovely coffee and catch up with gorgeous women friends, but I got distracted by 20 percent off women's wear in M&S and never got any further down the street. Better to order one from Amazon anyway.

This morning was the experiment at the home about seeing if Robin was less tired or ate/drank more if he didn't have a visitor. Didn't work. When I discussed it with the lovely staff nurse J  this afternoon she said I must keep in mind that Robin is deteriorating,  that they will keep him comfortable and that I must do whatever I feel is necessary to keep him happy and they will work with me to that end. And that I should go home and get some rest.

So, as long as visitors make him happy, even for a short periods now, and he can manage them, and they are willing, I will keep them coming.

Robin was very tired after our short drive anyway. Earlier I asked the activities chap to come and help Robin with the 'eye-mouse' programme on his computer. It means he can use his head to direct the cursor instead of his left hand, which he can't use any more, to still play Solitaire. Although he got it to work it was very cumbersome and over sensitive and Robin found it frustrating. I will get our computer man who set it up in the first place to come and see if he can help. I must remember to make the call...

I thought it was Friday all day today...getting ahead of myself......time seems to be speeding up at the moment and it's always midnight before I've done everything I want to...


My supper tonight... the gift of American Crunchy Almond Butter .....almost impossible to not have another spoonful slathered on hot granary toast topped with garlicky avocado salsa and lemon oil....definitely a waistband loosening supper... 




No comments:

Post a Comment