Friday 21 October 2016

Go To Bed Earlier.....and Muffins






























Random photos from this week.

Short blog as I have agreed to go to bed earlier....

Early this morning, you can see your breath in the cold air, young fresh faced gardener arrives with petrol hedge trimmer and scalps the honeysuckle and wisteria and red Russian vine on the fences. 

More light in the thicket but I feel sad .... relentless change marching on .....you can't replace what you have cut down....it may grow back but it feels brutal, the exposure.

Robin enjoys his arm and hand massage from the lovely Hospicecare lady but his eyes close half way through. She offers me a hand massage but I can see that Robin wants to go out. We don't get far and he wants to go back, still sleepy.

His afternoon and evening visitors say he is more relaxed and lasts longer on their drives but still grinds his teeth and his breathing is laboured. If you don't eat and drink much you must just get weaker and weaker.

At home I make soup and muffins.  And fall asleep on the sofa. Which is why I need to go to bed earlier .....they say you need 28 days to break a habit.....I can do it.... though these long hours to myself still feel like a novelty which I don't want to miss....










Gluten, wheat and dairy free muffins made with ground almonds, nuts and seeds, eggs and almond milk....waiting for their spread of crunchy almond butter. Lunch tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Love your photos, particularly the leaves floating on the water, I am fascinated by autumn leaves every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nina. Me too - autumn leaves - I can't get enough of them...ones on the water feel very peaceful and soothing somehow X

    ReplyDelete