Wednesday 26 October 2016

Firework and Candle


This same  candle has been burning day and night for Robin. I lit another one just now to go in its place.

I have been making funeral arrangements all day with my sister and our friend who is a celebrant and will be leading the service. More beautiful cards and emails and messages have been pouring in. I'm beginning to think we will  need a different venue to accommodate all the people who want to come to remember and honour Robin. He used to think he didn't have many friends. I wish he could see what is happening in our kitchen now.

Tonight I leave the candle and the kitchen and the computer for a few hours and disappear into the dark womb of the cinema ......and afterwards celebrate Robin at Jamie Oliver's with pizza and Prosecco...and all the time feel this empty place by my side where he used to be.

Tonight his oldest and dearest friend wrote and sent me some lovely words about his memories of their friendship ....

Did a great big firework go off in heaven – as one of your friends has already said? Or did a very bright light go out on Earth?
Both I think. RIP Robin



Painting of Robin surrounded by his weird and wonderful ceramics.

By Rachel Jamieson.

No comments:

Post a Comment