Monday 10 October 2016

Blissful Birthday and Fretting


Saturday is my birthday.....  it's a blissful day... I'm treated and spoilt and cherished.... breakfast prepared for me by a dear friend in her beautiful home.




Robin gives me a huge box of chocolates which I take to share with the family at my sister's farm.


My niece-in-law bakes me a sumptuous birthday cake ....my sweet great nephew and niece help me to blow out the candles.


We walk in the woods, check out the pheasants...and 


then tuck in to a fabulous supper - sea bream a la nephew and my sister's roasted home grown veggies - followed by her tart tatin baked with apples from our tree.


I feel quite overwhelmed by so much love and generosity and thoughtfulness, messages and phone calls and texts, cards and gifts and flowers filling my kitchen table... and my heart..... with gratitude and thankfulness.

 Today a  dear friend says, I hope you aren't fretting too much about Robin. 

 And of course I am. Fret is a good word. It comes from the Old English word freton i.e. to devour like an animal...to gnaw away, ....to eat you up from the inside. My head knows he is being looked after well and with great kindness and care.....but I can't seem to stop those thoughts of what else could I do to make it better for him? scratching away in my mind....shredding my heart.

Currently I'm on the case of how to get the chef to make more appetising meals for Robin who likes strong flavours like curry and chilli...it can't be difficult to get them into a mound of pureed carrots or potato.....and some grated cheese would be good too. They are totally willing to make anything to tempt Robin to eat a bit more....I just need to plant some ideas....



The sky tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment