Friday 2 September 2016

More Little Happinesses...And Baby Alarm


















Surprised by two more little happinesses today.

I have to go into town to post a letter by special delivery - financial documents and  and a certified copy of  my POA to prove that I can sign papers on Robin's behalf.
And I need to get Robin's essential visitors' parking permit laminated. 

As Robin is out riding the highways and byways with lovely PA and the cleaner is mopping the floors at home I don't want to rush back. So I buy a coffee from The Exploding Bakery and one of their to-die-for Belgian Chocolate Brownies and eat it sitting on a bench in my favourite park- Northernhay Gardens, watching the world go by. A mother, texting on her phone as she slowly pushes her sleeping baby in a pram.....two office workers, smoking..... a young man with the high wedge of an electric blue Mohican haircut shouting across the grass to his mate.....a grey haired man sitting crossed legged on a bench reading a book, two lovers, long haired, kissing on another bench.

I don't think I've ever done this before - stopped in the middle of my day to notice the world is just buzzing along without me....my head is usually down and full of the important trivia of my life.

Second little happiness...a trip to  RHS Rosemoor...I didn't expect to be able to visit the gardens......but Robin agreed to sit in the car with Abba playing full blast while I stole 10 minutes alone with my camera and the roses and breathed in their beauty.

Later....much later - it's nearly 1am....Robin just had a horrible breathing / choking/coughing episode in bed ...lots of spitting saliva and nose blowing and trying to get his breath and panicking . Thank goodness I heard him...he's calm now and I have connected the baby alarm with the volume up high. Will have to get advice in the morning.... and of course it's Saturday....does it mean he'll have to sleep with a breathing machine now....don't think I'll sleep...



No comments:

Post a Comment