Friday 19 August 2016

Waiting









Waiting ....
for Robin to wake up
too early
for the carer to come
 half an hour late.
for the cleaner to come
and go again to pick up her daughter
and come back and go again.

Waiting for Robin to say
while we are driving around 
to keep out of the way of the cleaner
I'm tired. I want to go home.

Waiting for him to wake up 
to finish lunch before
 dear friend comes 
to take him out.

Waiting for him to finish peeing.

Waiting at the queue in John Lewis to 
pay for soft duvet,
 double size, summer weight,
so it doesn't slip off his bed.

  Waiting for him to wake up 
before evening friend carer comes
to take him out.

Waiting for him to finish peeing.

Waiting for a text so I can get the supper on the table 
for when they come back.

Waiting for carer friend to leave.
So I can have my supper.

Waiting for Robin to wake up.
So I can get a recipe book off the shelf in his room.

Waiting for him to finish peeing.
Waiting for him to call me 
to blow his nose
scratch his left eye.

Waiting for him to finish watching Family Guy
way past mid -night  
so I can do his teeth
and give him a mild 
sleeping pill.

Waiting for him to finish peeing.
Which sometimes isn't a pee at all.

Waiting for this day to be over.
Waiting for my time to come
forgetting that this is also my time,
my life.
Slipping down the cracks 
 in between
 all the waiting hours
of someone else's life.





No comments:

Post a Comment