Monday 15 August 2016

Getting Used To It


Carer arrives half and hour late at 9.30.
 I'm going up the wall. But she's so nice - a chatty grandmother. Lovely with Robin - says she thought he was a famous person. I say I think that was Robin Cousins - not to be confused with John Curry - both ice skaters. 

I show her the ropes....Robin yawns on the perching stool while she gently washes him. She takes longer than me though. Says she's never shaved anyone one before. I can tell. I demonstrate ....finish it off while she takes a phone call.

This evening lovely friend carer takes Robin for a drive in my car. I leave them supper on the table, flooded with late sun. I can hear them talking while I'm upstairs...on the phone... doing emails...reading my book.

I could get used to this....letting go of doing it all myself.














No comments:

Post a Comment