Wednesday 22 June 2016

Into This Quiet Quiet Night






















I started to write this a few hours ago.....long past midnight now...the ambulance crew have just left....such lovely people. Even though it took them nearly an hour and a half to come.....Robin wasn't an emergency, wasn't dying....just sitting at the bottom of the stairs covered in two blankets ....lying back against several cushions. He fell.....tripped on his slipper which wasn't done up properly ( I was in a hurry... wanted to watch Masterchef) and fell forward into the hall. Not a bruise or a scratch  just a  little skin scrape on his knee from the radiator edge.....but he couldn't get up and I couldn't get him up this time. Time to call 999.

Time to get the bed downstairs.

 Luckily the OT is coming at 8.30 am tomorrow so she can advise.

Not sure I'll sleep much though... I can hear Robin coughing...into this quiet quiet night....which in a way I've been waiting for.....something to happen to force the next stage.....thank goodness it was without blood.



No comments:

Post a Comment