Thursday 9 June 2016

Bureaucracy and Pretty Things












Nice woman from DWP rings before I take Robin to The Mede. Our claim for benefit under the special rules for terminal illness has been turned down as it only applies if you have 6 months or less to live. She says it's all wrong and there are lots of complaints about it especially for people who have cancer. How can you know? I ask her to contact our neurologist Dr H and she says send in the forms anyway and even if we don't get it under the special rules it will be speeded up through the system.

 Later I speak to nice Scottish man at another department of the DWP who says we don't have to fill in the other long detailed forms about Robin's capability to work and he shouldn't have been sent them anyway. Thank goodness for that.  Seems that no-one talks to each other at the DWP.

 I'm fed up with the whole thing. Don't want to think about illness and dying and fighting bureaucracy  anymore. So walking back through M&S this morning with my bag of veggies from the farmers' market I make an impulse purchase.

A soft scarf the colour of a light summer sky printed with silver pineapples .

To remind me I can have pretty things in my life too.




No comments:

Post a Comment