Thursday 19 May 2016

This Tiredness Robs Me....
























Wisteria, iris and plants I don't know in the sunshine at Killerton  House yesterday evening.

The new occupational therapist and physiotherapist arrive in sunshine at 9am. We stand in the street outside the house and watch how Robin gets in and out of the car. Basically he's using his stomach muscles to raise himself up.  They arrange for us to make an appointment at The Independent Living Centre in Newton Abbot to get stairlift and swivel car seat advice and view some other equipment.

 I'm tired of talking about it all. Glad to take Robin to the Mede.  But he had a tricky day - two coughing/panic breathing attacks.  Thank goodness he has an appointment at the respiratory clinic tomorrow at the hospital.

The minute I sat down after lunch to read a chapter of my novel I fell asleep. This tiredness robs me of all perspective, inspiration or creativity. Just doing the basics interspersed with nurturing cups of coffee, phone calls, emails, and the occasional bag of Minstrels Chocolates and an anniversary or two keeps me going. 

Going to bed would be looking after myself .....so no more words now.



No comments:

Post a Comment