Monday 2 May 2016

Confused.com


Bank holiday Saturday in the bluebells with dear friend and her dog,


at Blackberry Camp 



near Honiton which always reminds me



of my father   - here  in 2011- remembering my mother and their 'bluebell anniversary'.


Sunday at Forde Abbey in Somerset. 800 year old Abbey built by Cistercian monks,


and in the 1650s converted to a house, currently 




owned by the Roper family. We got soaked by the wind blowing this fountain in a great circle.


You aren 't supposed to take photos in the house but I thought it was OK to snap this plant in the conservatory.




And today in Salcombe Regis church yard in the rain. Missed this ancient arching cherry tree in full pearly white blossom,



already turning green.


This cherry blossom from another day when the sun was shining.


 This weekend I notice Robin is more nervous about walking on rough ground. He nearly tripped on a root at Blackberry camp.  And didn't want to go down a little  grass slope at Forde Abbey.

This evening he had a sort of hyperventilating episode after he drank some tea  - taking big gulps of breath. Frightened himself. I calmed him down. I didn't see what happened just heard him in the sitting room as I was coming downstairs. Just relieved he wasn't choking.

I  picked the first bunch of wild garlic a few days ago  by the river in Lyme Regis - Robin has been looking for it for weeks whenever we are out. Asking Is that it? Is that it? I shredded it and stirred it into a leek and parmesan cheese risotto for supper. Pure comfort food. More satisfying than the giant piece of carrot cake I had in Sidmouth today -  not sure why I finished it when I was already stuffed.

At the moment I'm never sure if I'm empty hungry or fed up....my appetite on hold or rampaging . Definitely confused.com. 




No comments:

Post a Comment