Thursday 14 April 2016

Praying For No Falls

















Yesterday was like opening a window into a long ago self. I played Freddie Mercury very loudly in the kitchen with the doors open onto the garden while I ate my very late lunch of asparagus with a cold glass of bubbles and read my book with the sun hot on my skin. Feeling the bliss of more quiet hours to come stretching like a silver ribbon into the night.

Today the window slowly closed again. It was harder to stay out of the pressing details of my life and 4 o'clock was always going to arrive. 

When I rang  the Mede last night  Robin's lovely carer said he'd had a fall so it wasn't a shock to see the graze on the side of his head. He was with both the carers down by the quay in Exmouth when it happened.  No obvious reason - no rough ground or step to trip on. They called the paramedics who got him up off the ground. Nothing broken. Just a very sore elbow and right shoulder. They said he was OK and he even had a short walk last night.

I'm giving him dissolvable paracetamol and gentle arnica ointment for his graze. He seems slower and more tired like he was after his other fall last Monday. Still him but bruised inside as well as outside.

Tomorrow we are going on a little holiday to the Forest of Dean, staying in the same lovely cottage called The House of Bread where we stayed in September 2014 - which feels like a lifetime ago - Robin was driving then. Internet connection is not good so I won't be blogging till next week. I'm praying for no falls.



No comments:

Post a Comment