Monday 7 March 2016

Little Drops of Loss


















Saturday - The rescued Vegan Chocolate Cake and my sweet great niece who particularly enjoyed the date and orange  frosting and the mini smarties which were especially for her.

Today I get upset about every small thing and every big thing. I cry at the slightest disappointment as if  I'm drowning instead of just trickling away. 

I cry about my brother who emailed us today whose world really has been  devastated  - washed away by the hurricane in Fiji. And burning up now as all the big shade trees are gone forever.

 I cry about the velcro zip and button on Robin's jeans which are a failure as he can't make them work.
I cry because I don't want to drive around the muddy lanes of Devon this afternoon and I don't want to take the rubbish out in the rain or make supper or give him a shower or answer emails.

I cry because the tears just come by themselves -  little drops of loss.....but nothing in comparison to my brother's tsunami of grief on the other side of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment