Thursday 3 March 2016

In A Tizz....Full Of Bubbles

















Ammonite fossil street lights at Lyme Regis where we walked the other day.

I heat up a pan of thick  curried vegetable soup, add cooked rice to make it into a meal, put slices of seeded rye bread ( bought  from The Almond Thief Bakers at the farmers' market this morning) under the grill and a slab of cheddar cheese and a bottle of Marmite on the table. An impromptu lunch for a dear friend, who is an OT and also an advocate for me and Robin in all things to do with the law and the social services. He has  generously offered to come round in the middle of his busy day and talk to me about the social care re- assessment we had the other day.

 I received the report in the post yesterday and don't know what to make of it. Or rather I'm in a muddle and a tizz  - worried I've made all the wrong decision about Robin's care and our needs, like getting someone in to dress him in the mornings, and if it's too late to change my mind. 

He reads at the report and says it's totally inadequate especially the recommended budget, and it particularly doesn't cover my need for respite which he says I need every day - some few hours when I'm not totally responsible for Robin. He says I should ask for another assessment and this time he'll be there too to speak up for us. I want to hug him and cry at the same time - with relief and gratitude. I make an appointment for the three of us next week.

When I pick Robin up from the Mede - even though he's still limping -  he says he's had a lovely day. And because I've had a lovely day too -   drinking in those few precious hours when someone else is responsible for him is like champagne -   so when he says,

 Can we go for a drive?

I say, 

Yes, anywhere you like - only for an hour though.

 And I notice it's not hard at all when you are still full of bubbles. 




No comments:

Post a Comment