Tuesday 8 March 2016

A Space In My Head and Around My Heart


On Saturday we leave our little chocolatey great niece and drive



past this old boat wreck in the estuary near their house 


to the NT's Saltram House where we have an egg sandwich lunch and stop to take a photo of this tiny puppy in the tender arms of a young lad in the cafe.


Robin wants to drive home the long way across Dartmoor....

which I'm willing to do as it's such a beautiful day.....




and the moor is so dramatic in  all its muted winter colours.






No crying today.  Even some laughing  on the phone with a friend and with my sister who stayed with  me all day helping me sort through old files and new files, getting me prepared for the financial assessment with the social services which I'm due to have soon.

 Leaving me with a proper to do list and some order in my in/out trays. Leaving me with a space in my head where there was a muddle of questions.

And most of the day Robin has had lots of attention in the tender care of his lovely Age UK support  person this morning and with a dear friend this afternoon.  Leaving me with a big chunk of respite. 

Leaving me with a space around my heart to make more room for him.



No comments:

Post a Comment