Friday 11 March 2016

A Bonus Day



A day out of the blue....a day off....a bonus day....like a surprise party.

The man from social services rings to cancel our  appointment  for re-assessing Robin's care needs.  Suddenly I have a morning. So I hoover and clean and catch up without having to chase my tail. In the garden I cut sprigs of Mexican orange blossom to add to vase of daffodils on the kitchen table -it's such a beautiful day, the sun is warm on my back and for the first time  this year I feel I want to tidy up the garden, cut the grass, start bringing it back to life.

Lovely friend comes to take Robin out.  Sister and brother-in- law arrive after lunch. He sets up the new radio and CD player in the kitchen and re-places the water filter. Wonderful man. Then he takes Robin out and drives round north Devon for several hours with him while sister and I drive 2 minutes to Morrisons and buy crisps and salted cashew nuts and strawberry yoghurt and a DVD.

Much later we lay the table, order in an Indian takeaway from The Ganges ......eat most of the crisps and nuts while we wait for it to be delivered and Robin wakes up  just in time before it gets cold.

We don't have room for the strawberry yoghurt  and we can't watch the DVD as I remember too late that the player is broken and I was supposed to buy a new one. So we end up watching a film which has already started on TV and finishes in time for Robin to watch Family Guy when we've all gone to bed.

Because no-one is driving home tonight as they are staying till the morning.....extending my bonus day into tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment