Wednesday 3 February 2016

Me First



Late afternoon sun pouring through a wall of glass doors onto the massage table where I'm lying in a beautiful peaceful room - the home of my friend who said,

 Do something just for you - it's OK to put yourself first. Here's the number of my massage therapist.

I didn't realise how tight and tense I was till she streamed her magic fingers into my muscles.....slowly my shoulders slid down from my ears.....my tummy made gurgling music....and I dozed in a haze of perfumed oil and sweet silence. For a whole hour and more - a blissful treat for myself - wanting it never to end.

Now I know I can do it.....must do it.....find those moments in each day somehow to pamper myself .....give myself the attention I think I'm deprived of....little determined things..... to remind me I'm choosing this..... like the parent in a crashing plane putting the oxygen mask on herself first - or she can't save her child.



No comments:

Post a Comment