Wednesday 23 December 2015

May You Be Blessed



I feel I need to perfect my drizzling technique on these Coconut Almond Macaroons that I  made tonight. Recipe thanks to David and Stephen Flynn - very lovely Irish twin brothers - from The Happy Pear - the name of their book and their restaurant in Greystones, Ireland. Their story is really inspiring and the recipes are all plant based, healthy and delicious.  I did add an egg white to their recipe as the first time I made them they wouldn't hold together.  As we don't give presents in our family anymore - except to the youngest generation -  these are little foodie Christmas gifts for the grown ups.

Still so much to do on the list....like iron the white linen table cloth - a wedding present from Robin's brother - and find the red ribbon to criss cross the table - in memory of my grandmother's wedding bouquet and their first Christmas in China. I like carrying on these traditions  even though we'll only be three or maybe four for Christmas lunch here and we'll be having salmon not turkey.....and lots of roast vegetables....the best bit.....and my sister's Christmas pudding...even better.

It feels like a marathon still to run to get to that table...and I know lots of things will fall by the wayside...but none of it matters.....we are still together.....still here....one Christmas at a time.

Signing off now till 2016. Wishing you all well....may you be blessed with love and open hearts and the remembrance that whatever arises,

ALL IS WELL AND ALL OF MANNER OF THINGS SHALL BE WELL.




No comments:

Post a Comment