Wednesday 18 November 2015

Are You Up Yet?


Dartmouth harbour this morning,


from the balcony 



of the amazing house I stayed in last night with friends.


Devon fields this evening driving back


from my pampering day at the spa.

 I'm feeling very, very clean and soft and nourished by a hilarious Razul mud treatment and  a gentle massage.....and lots of lying around on lounger beds, drinking coffee and gallons of water, and talking in the steam room, in the jacuzzi and round the lunch table.

 While the wind whistled around the ranks of golf carts and the rain slashed the windows my real life zipped along without me perfectly smoothly.

At least I trust that it did as I resisted the temptation to ring up Robin and say "Are you up yet? Ready for the Walking Group?

Especially as I knew my sister was there and in charge.

  This letting go and trusting thing feels like a spiritual practice -  much harder than meditating....


No comments:

Post a Comment