Thursday 15 October 2015

No Answers

















The sun slipping through the clouds tonight - posting itself to bed.

It was cold this morning.... couldn't get warm in the farmers' market. I'm feeling the fingers of my old SAD ( Seasonal Affectiveness Disorder) tugging at the edges of my skin....pulling me into how can I get through this day/what's the point/when can I eat toast and honey?

 Still, I  do get through with no answers to those questions...and no toast ...... but a walnut and cranberry chocolate brownie instead.

 This afternoon when I pick up Robin from the Mede I suggest a walk by the estuary in Topsham.  He agrees and as we walk I tell him about the forms we have to fill in from our financial advisor about our pensions. I try and explain about the difference between annuities and a managed portfolio and what would be best for us. He listens....he does understand....asks what a portfolio is... but  mostly he wanders off to pick small ripe blackberries from high brambles in the hedge.....and says he'd like to have a banana when he gets home.

 So I say we can do the forms tomorrow and we both look up into the sky and watch the silver wings of a mono plane bank into the clouds and disappear, the drone of its engines fading away like vapour, like it had never been....

No comments:

Post a Comment