Thursday 17 September 2015

If I Don't Give Up On Myself


Picking up the fallers under the apple tree this evening I recognised the song of my sweet garden companion. I searched for him .....spotted him on a high branch camouflaged against a red apple. He waited for me while I went back inside to get my camera... I zoomed in and out trying to find him in my lens.... he let me get one shot and then flew deeper into the leaves where I couldn't see him. But I stayed and listened to him for ages....as if his song was just for me.

On the way back from picking up Robin after his day at The Mede we stop off at Morrisons to buy fuel...... and butter and a packet of sweet popcorn. I spot a whole salmon bargain which I persuade myself is a good buy even though I know it's farmed. At home I stuff it with a bouquet of marjoram and lemon balm from the garden and slices of lime, douse it in olive oil, wrap it in foil and bake it. It'll keep us going for many meals. 

Robin says he doesn't want it for supper so I stuff some red peppers with a mix of feta cheese, cooked brown rice, walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh thyme and roast them in parchment paper. We have them with a salad of rocket, avocado and basil....watching a programme called How to Eat Well For Less.  My salmon bargain would fit that category....but what price farmed fish?

Ever since this morning driving to The Mede when Robin said he didn't really like going I've been wondering what our options are....wanting to find something that works for both of us...there will be a way....if I don't give up on myself.









No comments:

Post a Comment