Monday 28 September 2015

Anniversary Weekend


On Saturday the sun blazes  - hot as summer - we visit Hestercombe House and Gardens, an English Heritage 800 year old property near Taunton. The gardens are formal and ooze peacefulness. Someone has hired it for their wedding day -we catch  a glimpse of the bride and groom through a wall of hedges. We eat our picnic by the pond watching the ducks.  Afterwards I'd like to wander through the wild acres of woodland beyond the flower borders but Robin has had his fill. 

On the way home we call in to have tea at my sister's farm - chocolate cup cakes made by my great niece,18 months old (with assistance), decorated by my great nephew, 4 years old, on a Lumberjack theme....followed by a serious bubble blowing session in the garden.
  


























Sunday is our 29th wedding anniversary....I share a delicious farewell lunch to our Course in Miracles group in the morning and in the afternoon



we drive to Sidmouth,


to celebrate our anniversary with a large cream tea at the Hotel Riviera on the seafront -  looking for all the world like any middle aged, long married couple....who would guess the truth of it...


The sun leaving the sky outside my window last night....the night of the eclipse of the blood moon which I missed .....although I did get up at some point in the early hours and drew back the blinds.....it felt like a thousand torches lighting up the garden with a perfect peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment