Tuesday 22 September 2015

My Angel Wings

Ducks in the park.....




















I'm lying on a long thick sheepskin rug
listening to the soft voice of my Family Constellation teacher.
She's taking me on a walk, gently through my body
which is buzzing and exhausted
after all that shouting and crying
and hitting cushions with my fists.
Letting the safe air receive
the shriek of my expletives,
the howl of my tears.

When we reach my collarbones on this body walk 
she says,

These are the oldest bones in the body
where our wings were once attached.

She means when we first crawled -  or flew -  out of the primordial swamp.

She says,

Imagine the size of your wings
where they can take you
up high 
so you can see the vista of your dreams and
everything you long for.

Imagine the feel of your wings
when they wrap you at night in sleep.

But I imagine they are my angel wings,
huge and iridescent.
Outstretched:
holding us all
fiercely
with love.

Folded in:
embracing my heart.



(House Martin Angel - top of Glastonbury Tor last September)




No comments:

Post a Comment