Tuesday 1 September 2015

A Small Transformation


A beautiful warm late summer day .....our apple tree in sunshine this morning.

The best apples are often on the highest branches. I won't be able to reach these even with a ladder.


The wasps have already started on these....


too late for this one. Robin won't be able to climb the tree and pick the high crop this year....dodgy arm and dodgy ladder anyway. Will need to get help. And possibly a new ladder.

Today a small transformation occurred in the wardrobe and drawers and shoe racks of my life. My sister came and helped me to de-clutter my clothes....held open the black bin bags while I chucked in an embarrassment of old T-shirts and trousers, blouses and skirts, shoes and handbags. All those fashion mistakes......what was I thinking....  and why are they still in my wardrobe? 

Today was the day to let them go......let go of the person who used to wear them.....all my past tangled up in that fabric. I could even buy some new clothes..... probably make a few mistakes ...and let those go too. At least I've got some empty hangers and drawers to put them in now.




Today was also the bright, white completion of the painting of the window frames and the sills in our house.......and our new front door - its final coat of gloss still a bit sticky - shining egg yolk yellow - another small transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment