Wednesday 9 September 2015

A Pure Mindfulness Teacher






























Rhapsody in blues...






I spent today in the company of this sweet child - my great niece - who although she wasn't very well with a horrid cold, still entered her world with a wonderful willingness, curiosity and playfulness -  totally absorbed in each moment ...not questioning for a second our love for her. A pure Mindfulness teacher for me.

This morning I read Tara Sophia Mohr's blog in which she quotes  two of her favourite Mindfulness and mediation teachers -Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach.

This is the one that has stayed with me all day.

"Chasing after something pleasant is a kind of stress.
Avoiding something unpleasant is a kind of stress".

And that Mindfulness is not only ...being aware of what's present around and within us but also holding all of it with an attitude of lovingkindness.

Especially for myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment