Friday 7 August 2015

My Life Full Of Angels


This afternoon we visit my sweet great niece in her recently moved into new home just outside Plymouth.


This is the view of the estuary......



practically at the end of their road......



you could be in the country. 

Although we didn't bump into him, the Prime Minster was also in Plymouth  today- talking to the dairy farmers of the South West who are protesting that the supermarkets are giving them a rubbish price for their milk - less than it costs to produce it. What to do?

This morning I drive out of Exeter for a family constellation session....discover on arrival that I am double booked.....so  I drive home again, on the seat beside me a gorgeous homemade dark chocolate and a huge bunch of sweet peas which I cut from her beautiful rambling vegetable garden, filling the hot car with heavenly perfume.

This evening  I roast my sister's just dug red-skinned potatoes for supper. They are so deliciously moreish that when Robin finishes off the poached apricots in elderflower syrup for his dessert, I finish off the left over roast potatoes sprinkled with more salt and eaten in my fingers - much better than pudding....unless your'e talking coconut ice-cream of course.

Tonight, Robin says his left foot hurts..... I massage it...he winces at a place on the top of his foot by his toes.....I wonder if it's tendenitis....I notice his nails need cutting.....he says he can't do it now because he can't use his right hand properly.....like he can't hold his knife properly when he's eating.....no strength in it ....the muscle wasting in his shoulder. I don't want to cut his toe nails though.

He's having an MRI scan on Monday. More change coming. Just when I was getting used to this stage....silly really expecting things to stay the same....don't know why I resist it every time....slip into  despair every time.....climb out again every time....always helping hands buoying me up....my life full of angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment