Friday 3 July 2015

This Too Will Pass


Weary and weepy tonight. Was buoyant earlier in the week. Swings and roundabouts - normal.

Particularly grumpy because I can't eat what I want. Scalded the roof of my mouth on a boiling cup of  coffee last Sunday in Wells when we were in a tiny corner cafe taking refuge from the rain, along with a few hundred motorbike riders, who were gathering in the square outside the cathedral for a rally. 

I've tried to ignore it all week but now it's too painful to eat or drink anything hot or crunchy or scratchy - or anything at all really. I thought I'd give it time to heal and just drink green smoothies but that didn't last long. So I've felt like a toothless invalid sucking on hard boiled eggs and mashed up broccoli cooked to death and frozen banana ice-cream.  Will buy avocados tomorrow.  And treat it with the Mouth Doctor's Ora - a  brilliant natural remedy of essential oils.

Sometimes it's hard to remember that

  This too will pass.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Trish, I haven't popped in here for ages, life has been moving house chaos on and off over the last few 6 months. You are still writing as beautifully and movingly as ever, and the photographs add further dramatic beauty to your words.
    I think this blog should be a book, it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nina how lovely to hear from you again. Thank you for your very kind and encouraging words - you made my day. Bless you.Tx

    ReplyDelete