Thursday 9 July 2015

The Earthquake Trembles














Roses - just because I love them. Like black cherries -  never tire of them.

It seems my wobbliness over the last few days may have something to do with the very gentle yoga Trauma Release Exercises I did on Monday which work on the psoas muscle  -  a  deep and long flexor running from the groin up the spine. It keeps us upright and in balance.

The steel rod of resolution that I keep tight in my back maybe softening...... so I can bend and not break as I try and find my feet on this new shifting ground of our life now. So I can make a safe haven of our home for Robin, without losing my place in the heart of it, as the earthquake trembles beneath his feet too.

 Like Mary Oliver's Wild Geese......

....the wild geese high in the clean blue air,
 are heading home again.
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting - 
over and over announcing your place 
in the family of things.

The call is getting louder.



No comments:

Post a Comment