Monday 20 July 2015

Mandolin Slivers


Nigella's dense chocolate cake (so dense -  i.e. almost raw in the middle that I had to call it fudge cake) that I made for a pot luck lunch on Saturday at the beautiful home 


and in the beautiful garden


 of some dear friends.


Sunday lunch at the Old Mill Bakery in Lyme Regis - the best pizza ever...  mine was mandolin slivers of potato and garlic, cheddar cheese and spinach - ginormous squares of it. Actually too much - didn't feel so good later....


They sell the best sourdough bread in town. Sadly I eat less and less bread now...think it bloats me.


We walked along the beach afterwards..


along with the fossil hunters,


and the crows.


Some breakfast goodies from the Old Mill Bakery to take home in the green bag,


 and a tiny wild poppy by the side of the cliff path.


The contents of the green bag - a pain au raisin for Robin and a


croissant for me - both big enough for four people each.... in the freezer now for another Sunday - well mine is.


Today we have a coffee and a wander in the warm drizzly rain with a dear friend around the ancient gardens of the Dartington Estate. But 3 people is too much talking and not enough listening for Robin. We cut the visit short.
Somehow the rest of day eludes me  - fades into things undone . I find I can't muster love for anyone or anything. Especially not for the me that thinks that is a crime.


Tonight the mandolin sliver of moon rises outside my window  -  reminding me that nothing stays the same for long in the cycle of waxing and waning.

No comments:

Post a Comment