Tuesday 16 June 2015

Wobbly As a Jellyfish


 Exmouth sands, Sunday evening - these jelly fish lined the shore.



I'd never have noticed the tiny purple stitches in the hem of its skirt...


not sure if this one is dead or alive.



 This one is upside down exposing the heart of its tendrils.















Inexplicably weary and grumpy tonight. Productive day with my sister - sorting out finances and the linen cupboard. 

 On the allotment black fly attacking the broad beans and the globe artichokes in dense sticky stripes.

Feel daunted by weeds and arid earth.

Lose my house keys and lose half an hour looking for them. Find them in the place I first looked. In my handbag where they always are.

Resist the temptation to eschew fridge full of greens and have beans on toast for supper. Make toasted cashew nut risotto with celery, ruby chard and baby carrots on newly mended hob.

Feel so grateful for dear friends taking such loving  care of my husband today so I can be as wobbly as a jelly fish, out of sorts with myself,  and he doesn't have to think it's all his fault that I'm not smiling.




No comments:

Post a Comment