Tuesday 2 June 2015

Thunderbirds Are Chocolate



Cake not quite up to par when I sliced it through the middle this morning to fill it with butter icing. I was hoping for a light crumb texture like in the photo in the recipe book -  but it was a bit dense in the centre i.e. not cooked - so I  called it Chocolate Fudge Cake instead.

Decoration didn't quite go to plan ( not that I actually had a plan - just lots of chocolate sprinkles - thank you Mr Sainsbury's Cake decorating department). I wanted to write sweet great-nephew's name in white chocolate on the top of the smooth icing....I cut too much off the nozzle of the tube of icing  so it all splurged out...tried to rescue it...had to rough up the surface....wrote wobbly number 4 instead which even sweet great-nephew had difficulty recognising. Did more cover up job with sprinkles.

None of it mattered anyway  - he blew out the candles, ate a big slice and did a sort of wobbly wiggle dance in his seat which apparently means he really liked it.


And what he liked even more was the Thunderbirds set his father found on the internet....including a model of Tracy Island ( at least I think that's what it is - way out of my depth now....all I remember is Thunderbirds Are Go). Thank goodness I didn't attempt a version in chocolate icing......

3 comments: