Tuesday 30 June 2015

The Heat And The Laptop Angel


It's tropical hot today......bouganvillia hot...


hibiscus hot...


frangipani hot....South Africa hot...where I took these photos in the garden of my grandfather's old house in Knysna in 2012...where it was sometimes 40 degrees....which it was on the courts at Wimbledon this afternoon.


This evening, last day of June in the garden -  in the shade but still hot - while I'm taking photos  of roses and 


 begonias and 


whatever this pretty thing is in the centre of a big patio pot of petunias,



the pussy cat from next door saunters in along the brick path.


I hear the little jangly bell round his neck before I see him.


I think he's seeking the coolness of the shade like me.


And doesn't seem to mind lying on top of the sprinkling of little green apples 


 which have already slipped from the tree above him,


reminding me that autumn is only a curtain call away.

This morning I frightened myself in a horrible cheap clothes shop where I was returning a mistake  - a shirt I bought for Robin which was too small. I had my laptop with me as I'd taken it to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store to get the sound sorted out. It had got stuck on Mute. Turned out it had corrected itself during the hour I was waiting for the appointment.

As I left the horrible shirt shop - actually with two quite decent polo shirts in the sale  - I realised I wasn't carrying my laptop. Couldn't remember where I'd put it down. I rushed around the aisles re-tracing my footsteps in a wild heart beating panic - convinced it was stolen.

Then I spotted it, in its smart purple leather case, innocently leaning against a long mirror on the floor.

I think the laptop angel must have been looking after me. The thought of losing it and everything on it felt like losing my life. Then I remembered it is backed up on a little black box. But I would need a nice young man at the Genius Bar to sort that one out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment