Wednesday 10 June 2015

I'm Just Curious














 We're walking by the estuary in Topsham and I'm thrilled that this butterfly stayed in one spot for more than a few seconds - more  usually I get a nice close up of a flower minus the butterfly/bird/bee which has already flitted away.











The rest of the walk involves my husband stopping every few seconds, pointing to a leaf in the hedgerow and asking me what it is. If I know I tell him and always add,

'..but you mustn't eat it.

I won't he says, I'm just curious.

And he doesn't eat a single leaf.

At the end of the walk I ask him if he knows he's asking me the name of the same plant every time - ivy.
He says he doesn't. Which fits with him not being able to retain the name of things as well as not being able to recognise a thing even if he remembers the name of it. Like a packet of sugar.

Today I asked him to remind me to go to bed by 11pm tonight as I overslept this morning.

I will if I remember, he says.

And he does. What a mystery the memory is...... and now I'm going to bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment