Thursday 16 April 2015

One Sweet Bite At A Time


I felt so uplifted by the visit from a truly delightful, sympathetic, helpful and very experienced CPN (Community Psychiatric Nurse) this afternoon, who answered all my questions about what next?.....  how to get respite....... and how to help Robin ( and myself) cope with all the weird and not so wonderful changes in his personality and behaviour......sometimes nothing to be done.


 After she left I wanted to dive into the sunshine and feel the air on my face so I woke him up and said How about a walk? Not too long, he said.


So we strolled through Mincing Lake Valley Park - our nearest and dearest common,


where the bees were guzzling on dandelions, the May blossom was pompom snowy and 


the cherry blossom was heart-stoppingly


 deep rose and shell pink. 


On the way back through the woods we stopped on the bridge over the stream and watched this little splashing waterfall.



Back home I wanted to celebrate my feeling of a weight being lifted, of it being replaced with a solid hopefulness....her words of encouragement and her Let's see what we can do attitude ( to get both of us some support even in the very tight financial situation now and with no guarantee of a positive result)  - still made me want to cheer.
 I would have had a G &T if I was drinking but instead poured this huge glass of sparkling water, spiked with Angosturas Bitters - the aromatic juice which puts the pink in a pink gin.


Instead of cracking open the champagne I broke into these American walnuts and remembered to be grateful for this shining bright April evening...... counting my blessings one sweet bite at time.



No comments:

Post a Comment