Thursday 23 April 2015

Miraculous Asparagus, Middle Names and Not Being Crushed


Spring is springing all around me this week....

BLUE.....bluebells along the river....


under the apple tree in the garden....


round the lilac tree at the allotment...


the white version standing out the border full of geranium mallow....


I don't think it's a blue bell at Killerton House....


blue sky, late evening shadows at Duckes Meadow......


close up bell blue.


YELLOW
Shining bright in the heart of kale....


luminous pale in primroses after a shower....


lemony yellow in a field of rape.



RED/ORANGE/PINK

 Soft pinky red Maple tree reflection at the crematorium.....


tri-cornered flame tulip outside the back door...


 rain-dropped crinkle petalled tulip - pink as a tongue... 


sunset outside my window - spilled coral paint across the sky.

When I open the front door into the hot house this afternoon the perfume of hyacinths fills my nose. A pot of white ones in the sitting room ....a pot of blue ones in the kitchen, in full star waxy bloom. I'm back from watering the allotment with a bag of spinach, rhubarb and purple sprouting broccoli. And the most exciting, miraculous of all - three long and tender asparagus spears - sprung up out of the dark in a matter of days.

When I wake him up this evening before supper RC wants to know what my middle name is. 
I say,
  My middle name is after my aunty, my mother's sister. And my first name is after her aunty, her father's sister.

I didn't know that, he says. And I can't remember my mother's middle name either.

I tell him.

How do you know that? he says.

I just do. It's one of your niece's middle names too.

Do you know what your middle name is? I ask him.

Yes, because it's the same as my father's and my nephew.
What's your middle name again?

I tell him.

Tonight after the lovely hour of meditation at my Deeksha group, when we're having tea and birthday cake, several friends come up and say that I'm looking better.....more grounded..... stronger.....less strained.....five years younger.
I don't know about that.... and I'm surprised.... but maybe the miraculous session I had with Matt Kahn and the feeling I have inside of not being so crushed, feeling hopeful, feeling I have some tools to practice with, to be kinder, more accepting, more loving.....maybe that's showing on the outside.

And maybe all the recent sunshine and all that green veggie juice I drink in the morning is showing on the outside too.




No comments:

Post a Comment