Thursday 9 April 2015

Hot Line to God


A blackbird singing to the sunset last night from a branch in the apple tree at the bottom of our garden.
Reminding me of that Tagore quote which always resonates in my heart....

Faith is the bird that sings to the dawn while it's still dark.



I'm feeling nervous and anxious right now and in need of some of that faith. I have lit a candle and an insence stick... I have a vase of open daffodils on my desk, glass of water and a box of tissues. The telephone number in Portland Oregon and my mobile phone switched to record. And a heart full of questions.
 In less than an hour I have a Skype session with Matt Kahn - a spiritual teacher who I've been listening to on uTube for a while now and who is having a profound influence on how I'm learning to live with myself and with adversity. His main teaching is 

Love what arises.

It feels a bit like having a hot line to God for an hour....not sure how to get ready for that. Maybe just breathe... and trust like the blackbird in our apple tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment