Wednesday 1 April 2015

Heartbreak is how the heart becomes wise.....






































Last week in the Algarve...my husband hurt his foot so I walked alone along the cliffs and collected shells on the beach- taking my time.....we caught the bus into the town for coffee and cake and got a taxi back.....we argued about what to do about the broken down car at home...repair it/scrap it? We ate tuna/cheese salads on the terrace.....and grilled sea bream at the cafe on the beach - 3 minutes walk away. When the sun went down we watched  DVDs on my laptop - Mamma Mia and Shrek for  him and Castle Series 5 for me while he played solitaire on the iPad. While he slept in the afternoons I read my novel and the wonderful Dr Christiane Northrup's book, Goddesses Never Age..... the sort of book you want to underline every second sentence.

These are some quotes which inspired me....

To become wholehearted is to accept where you are NOW, have compassion and understanding for yourself and reject the cultural belief that SELF CARE is self centred and wrong...

Heartbreak is how the heart becomes wise because it has to be cracked open for you to experience Divinity.

Emotions are the language of the body and also a record of the past.....feeling and releasing challenging emotions of anger grief and resentment is the pain that ends the pain.

And I like this petition prayer - 

Divine Beloved, please change me into someone who trusts that the perfect outcome in this situation has already been chosen. Change me into someone who can relax and let go.

The highlight of my day - a delicious tall friend comes round and helps me to hang my new poppy sprayed curtains which make my room into a sweet floral haven.

The low-light of my day - my husband comes home unexpectedly from his walking group two hours early  - he didn't want to walk.... but after a little while I got used to it and just let it be ....relaxed and let go....

No comments:

Post a Comment