Wednesday 18 March 2015

The Sunshine Changes Everything











So lovely to feel the sun warm on my back at the allotment  this morning.  No-one else around - only me digging and the robin singing in the budding plum tree, clear against a blue blue sky. And the sound of the cars in Prince Charles Road running the full length of the allotments. As I tug out the weeds the first joint of my middle finger twinges - I don't want to believe it could be arthritis - notice how much I fear the idea of not being able to use my hands. I find myself thinking about my father - he always feels close by when I have my fork in the soil.

 The sunshine changes everything - lifts my heart -  helps me to be so grateful for these few precious hours. It's such a beautiful day I take my lunch outside - Pak choi salad boats which I  eat with my fingers - roll them up like crunchy green tortilla wraps - let the luscious Italian lemon oil drip down my chin. 

My husband is out with his walking group - possibly eating sugar lumps. Or not. But I'm only thinking about the last piece of lemon polenta cake I made at the weekend.....wondering if I'll eat it now or save it for later with a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment