Tuesday 31 March 2015

Sidmouth Birthday Boy


My husband's birthday today..... our EFT friend in Sidmouth baked him feathery light chocolate chip buns - he chose the Winnie The Pooh candle. We 'tapped' for new beginnings, new life.....asking to trust the gifts of his brain disease - however they appear.



We walked along the sea front into gusts of ear-numbing wind,


and sparkling sun, to the Clocktower Cafe where we had 



goujons of cod and fat chips for lunch followed by this giant slab of Pavlova for my husband. I could hardly finish my Blueberry Lemon cake it was so sticky sweet...but somehow I did - don't know why I find it so hard to leave cake on the plate...


On the way back to catch the bus I snapped this little boy chucking pebbles into the waves and who reminded me of my sweet great-nephew about the same age....

We rode on the top deck of a double-decker bus to Sidmouth this morning  - a beautiful 45 minute journey through the spring countryside flashed with reams of daffodils and heart-waving Magnolia blossom. I realise I haven't been on a bus in Devon since we came to live here 14 years ago. As both our cars are out of action - my husband's Renault Laguna sold for parts yesterday since it broke down irretrievably the night before we flew to Portugal...... and mine waiting for a new clutch in the garage - the bus was the best way to keep our birthday appointment in Sidmouth.

I feel unreasonably nervous, trapped, limited without the car ( even for a few days) which for me isn't just a convenient way to get about, but has always been a symbol for escape - a quick getaway if ever I need it. But I also see that adversity is an opportunity to seek for other solutions, to ask for and receive help. In our carless state - walking, catching a bus, hailing a taxi, accepting kind offers of lifts has expanded my world - made me realise there is more than one way out. Running away which is what I want to do at some point every day doesn't seem like much of an option anymore....

I read somewhere recently that the only way to heaven via Divine Love is to go through hell first which for some reason I find comforting.....





No comments:

Post a Comment