Wednesday 18 February 2015

The Furnace And The Phoenix


A young Phoenix


Lost for words tonight......so just three blessings from my day.....

So grateful for ....

all the love round the birthday lunch table.....deep in the scrumptious soup, buried in the garlicky hummus, in the freshness of the salads, in the sweetness of the mango and in the softness of the Indian Barfi dessert....in our care for each other.

So grateful for.....

the gentle fingers of the osteopath friend who massages away the tension and pain in the ropey  muscles of my pelvis, my back, my hip....giving me relief, release.

So grateful for....

the gift of a coaching session from a wise and gentle friend who shines a light into the old fossils of my beliefs of  - 

nothing I do makes any difference 
and 
go away, leave me alone, I don't need you.

And gives me a candle to hold instead - the light of my own goodness...
something to shine into the relationship with my husband......allow him to contribute to me - to be the furnace where my phoenix will be fashioned....



2 comments:

  1. Those are powerful words. Furnaces are really invigorating, with how they are the source of heat in rooms. That gives them a very central role. They are also a source of energy, in that way. Again, that is some nice writing there, and I hope that you get to share it with more people.

    Henrietta Fuller @ Bri-Tech Heating and Cooling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Henrietta for your kind words....the furnace is still burning!

    ReplyDelete