Thursday 29 January 2015

Something To Be Grateful For


 A hailstorm in the garden this afternoon - bobbles of ice shooting out of the sky - hitting a hellibore....


 massing on next doors's mossy roof tiles....


 a melting ice ball carpet....


piling up on the green re-cycling bin outside the back door....



and a foraging pigeon beneath the apple tree.....bluebells poking up already.

This morning I shop in the icy temperature of the market and rush around getting other things done in the luxurious knowledge that my husband is in the safe company of our lovely Age UK worker.

This afternoon I dodge the tyranny of my TO-DO list, make a cup of tea, wrap myself in two soft blankets and immerse myself in the wonderful photos and recipes and inspiring foodie articles in Waitrose Food Magazine. Being good to myself while the wind smashes bullets of hail against the windows.

Later I turn the oven on and when my husband wakes up he makes three batches of biscuits - Melting Moments, Almond Macaroons and Coconut Raisin Anzacs which he calls New Zealand biscuits. All I do is point out the difference between oats and flour, a bowl and a saucepan and baking parchment paper and cling film.... and  try and stop him eating all the cherries before he presses them into the middle of the soft dough balls lined up on the baking tray.

When I get back tonight from my Deeksha mediation group, feeling soft and blessed, he has done all the washing up beautifully and boiled me an egg with two pieces of hot buttered toast - just as I like it. Every day something to be grateful for. 


6 comments:

  1. Don't think your comment came thorough dear Belinda - but thanks for reading me anyway! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a smiley face (Emoticon) - tilt your head to the left! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I see - thank you, Sage! .....need to update myself on text speak...X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it was me trying to say that I was so pleased you had a good day. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you dear Belinda -a lovely way to say it! TX

    ReplyDelete