Tuesday 16 December 2014

You Just Have To Live



Understanding Death


A  friend sent me this today.

I don't think I am afraid of dying ....rather I'm afraid of the ones I love dying....almost an unbearable thought....so better to get on with the living. Maybe my search for the HOW to live well could be a distraction for getting on with it.....enjoying the moments......like the ones I had today sharing a Christmas coffee and warm cheese scones with friends in a cafe....like receiving lovely Christmas messages, cards, emails...like splashing fragrant rose water, instead of brandy, into my bowl of sticky glistening mincemeat...relishing the prospect of another alcohol-free year ahead.....honouring my husband's big hearted commitment to me....

And I'm so grateful I don't live in Pakistan, this time round, and that I'm not feeling the anguish of the mother whose son died at school today..... or the pain of the man who shot him.

No comments:

Post a Comment